We’re a big fan of this guy, meet St Nicholas, the patron saint of Children, Sailors, Merchants & Students. St Nicholas has many great yarns behind his name and is even more commonly known in today's western culture as, well, Santa Claus!
The legend of how he become the Patron Saint of Children is retold a little like this: During a terrible famine in his country of Turkey, a malicious butcher lured three little children into his house, killed them, placed their remains in a barrel to cure and planned to sell them off as ham (Yes, you may vomit right now). Saint Nicholas, was visiting the region at the time to care for the hungry. Not only did he see through the butcher's horrific crime but also resurrected the three boys to life –Yay for not eating mini humans and others thinking they were Ham!
And so we wear our Patron Saint of Nicholas as an ode to all those little friends of ours, remembering their strength, enthusiasm for life and energy they continue to bring to the world around us.
Shop our range of Pendants including The Patron Saints of Travel, Miracles, Motherhood & Animals.
- Available in 2 chain lengths. Select from the drop-down.
- Made from solid .925 Recycled Sterling Silver and plated in 3 layers of 18kt Gold
- Pendant measures 26mm x 16mm
- Packaged in our Custom printed boxes, designed to collect
- Also Available in Silver
WHY IT’S ETHICAL & SUSTAINABLE
- La Luna Rose use 99% recycled Silver for the casting of their pieces.
- At the end of a season, any leftover stock is simply melted down and reincarnated to the new season creating a fully closed loop.
- Where possible, they only use recycled paper for all business-related purposes.
- They are apart of 1% for The Planet pledging to donate 1% of their annual sales to two charities in Bali and New Zealand.
If this piece of jewellery is sold out, don't get your knickers in a twist just yet. We now offer Pre-Order. This means your piece will be made especially just for you, taking approximately 4-5 weeks for delivery. Simply purchase it here on our website (By clicking the PRE ORDER Button) and we will be with you via email shortly.